Effective: This policy is effective from March 1st, 2016.
Latest updated: October 25th, 2022.
1.2 Users can access the Solution through our website located at https://www.ipQuants.com, applications on Devices, through APIs, and through third parties (all collectively hereinafter “Website” or “Site”). A “Device” is any computer used to access the ipQuants Solution, including without limitation a desktop, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other consumer electronic device.
2.3 ipQuants may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
3. What information do we collect
3.1 Information provided directly by the User or the User’s Organisation
We may collect the following information when you interact with our Solution and Website as a User or in connection with your interaction of our marketing and sales material as a prospect. The following information we collect could alone or in combination with other information be used to identify you (“Personal Data”):
- E-mail address and, optionally first and last name, to create a User account. This could be a company generic email or your personal email, depending on your, or your organisation’s preferences. For security purposes, for your safety and for ipQuants safety, we store the IP address of all logged in devices.
- Company contact information including phone numbers for billing purposes.
- Other information relevant to customer offers and surveys that we might do occasionally.
- Information collection by our partners and vendors. Some content or applications on our website is served by third parties, including companies that help us run and optimize our website, ensure the security and/or process invoices.
- Information you provide upon interacting with our customer support function.
3.2 Automatically collected information.
Upon using our Solution, we automatically record information from your device, its software, and your activity using the Solution (such as log data). This includes the device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, interactions with the Solution and activity events when using the Solution.
We collect this information to deliver the Solution, fulfil our contractual obligations towards you and your organisation, and to provide our Users with reporting and analytics relating to the use of the Solution and to ensure the security of our Solution. This information is partially made available to the User via the Solution (for example, we inform the User when a guest user or collaborator they shared a project with has accessed the shared project, or when a user requests OCR processing of a document, we notify the user that the OCR process is complete) and may be associated with other information about the User (including Personal Data) that the users provided to us.
If you are a guest user who accesses a project shared to you by a paying user, trial user or other guest user, we automatically collect information about your interactions with such project and our Solution and Site. The information we collect includes: whether or not you have viewed or are viewing project information and content; date and time you viewed the project information and content; number of times and length of time the project information and content was viewed; which portions of the content were viewed; changes you made to the content shared with you, and your IP address and location. We use this information to fulfil our obligations toward our customers in delivering the service according to the contract and to ensure the security across our Solutions and Site.
4. What we do with the information we collect
4.1 Answering Requests
From time to time, we get contacted by prospects interested in subscribing to our Solution (for example, when we get asked to provide information about our Solution, provide a demo, or price information), or by current users interested in webinars, raising a customer support request or access product material or sign-up to an event, we will use the provided contact information to respond to such a request. For EU data subjects, such use is necessary to respond to or implement your request.
4.2 Delivering the Service to the Users
We use account-related data provided by Users or the Users’ organisation in connection with the purchase, sign-up, use, or support of the User account (such as usernames, email address and billing information) to provide you with access to the Solution and/or the Site, contact you regarding your use of the Solution and/or the Site, or to notify you of important changes to the Solution and/or the Site. For EU data subjects, such use is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and your organisation and us.
We process personal data relating to Users and your content on your behalf for the purpose of providing the Solution and to enable you to use our analytics functions, content viewing function, projection function, sharing functions and other functions and aspects of our Solution, in accordance with the applicable contract. Data relating to the user activity that we receive through the Solution will be made available to the user via the Solution.
ipQuants does not use or access any personal content of the User. If in view of a User initiated request it is necessary, and possible, to access the User’s personal content, we will only do so after receiving the User’s explicit permission and only if required to ensure the delivery of the Solution and ensuring the security of the Solution and only for the duration to resolve the User initiated request.
4.3 Marketing and User Support Communications
We may use your contact information, such as email to send you or your organisation information about new feature releases, new product releases, and services, upcoming events, surveys, or other promotions. If you receive an email that you deem as unwanted, please follow the “unsubscribe” and/or opt-out instructions in the email you receive from us.
Kindly note that if you opt-out from marketing communications, we may still contact you regarding issues related to our Solution and to respond to your requests. Based on applicable law, we may also contact you directly by phone, in connection with new products or services, or other promotions.
Where required by applicable law (for example, if you are an EU data subject), we will only send you marketing information by email, or contact you by phone, if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal data.
When you provide us with your consent to be contacted for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions to “unsubscribe” and opt-out of receiving marketing communication in each marketing email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications or wish to have your name deleted from our mailing, please contact us via email: dpo (a) ipQuants.com. Please note that if you opt-out from marketing communications, we may still contact you regarding issues related to our Solution and to respond to your requests.
4.4 Legitimate Business Interests
We use data relating to your use of, and interaction with our Site and our Solution, including information that we receive through cookies and similar, for certain legitimate business interests or to fulfil our contract with you and your organisation, which include the following:
- to deliver, support and generally enable your usage of the Site and the Solution and to ensure that we deliver the access to you in accordance with our contractual obligations towards you and/or your organisation,
- to verify that a User has the authorization needed for the Solution to process the User request,
- to inform our marketing strategy and personalize our communications with you (including providing or offering product updates, and information on using the features of the Solution),
- to personalize and improve your access to and use of our Site and our Solution (including to increase our Solution’s functionality, product features, and user-friendliness),
- to meet our corporate and social responsibility objectives,
- if you ask us to access, update, or delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing; and
- for internal business/technical operations, including auditing, maintaining the quality and safety of our Site and Solution, troubleshooting, and repairing errors, data analysis, testing, preventing malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity, misuses of our products or services (including the prosecution of those responsible for such activity) and ensuring the security of our Site, Solution, IT systems, architecture, and networks.
For EU data subjects, this use of your personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests in understanding how the Site and our Solutions are being used by you and to improve your experience on it. For cookies placed through our Site, where required by the applicable law, we rely on legitimate interest or your consent.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure
5.1 Information Sharing and Disclosure
- When Users share projects, including its content and information, with other Users, such as guest users or collaborators, we show, among others, the User’s email to the relevant guest users and collaborators.
- We may also share or disclose your information with your consent, for example, if you use a third-party application to access your account (when you for example use a single sign on solution to access your account).
- We may disclose your personal data, such as name and email, to our employees on a need-to-know basis to ensure we deliver our Solution in accordance with our obligations.
- We do not sell or provide personal information that we collect to third parties so that they can try to sell you other products or for other direct marketing purposes.
- Children’s Privacy.Our website is not designed for children under 16 years of age. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at: dpo(at)ipQuants.com so that we may delete any such information we unknowingly obtained.
5.2 Compliance with Laws and Enforcements Requests. Protection of our Rights
- We may disclose to parties outside of ipQuants information about you that we collect when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably required to (a) comply with a law, regulation, or compulsory legal request, (b) protect the safety of any person, (c) prevent fraud or abuse of ipQuants and its Users, or (d) to protect ipQuants’ rights.
5.3 Business Transfers
6. Deleting Your Information and Data retention
6.1 Any registered User of our Solution or Site may review, update or correct the personal data in your registration or account profile. If you would like to delete your account, please contact our customer support team.
7. Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties
8. Do Not Track
ipQuants respects our visitors’ privacy choices. ipQuants’ website does not recognize browser “do not track” settings, but visitors can disable cookies through their browser settings – check your browser’s help files or consider visiting a third-party website. Disabling cookies may impede website functionality.
We take data security very seriously and take reasonable and appropriate precautions to protect the personal information we collect from unauthorized use or disclosure. That said, no data security system can guarantee 100% security, and ipQuants disclaims any express or implied guarantee that data you provide to ipQuants will never be compromised.
10.2 We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
10.3 Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
10.4 You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
11. Questions and Data Protection Officer